Thursday, February 10, 2011

It All Begins Tonight!

I've been meaning to get this Blog up and running for a long time as a place to document my past, present, and future travels and I finally took the time to get it underway. So to start, I thought I'd out with a few of my own travel stats:

40 - states I've been in
10 - countries I've visited
39 - airports I've flown through (DTW is still the best!)
65 - official National Park Service units I've experienced

Meh. I want to go in to so much more detail, but I'll save those for later.

Tomorrow, I officially leave Burlington on what will be nearly a two-month adventure around the world! Skiing in Maine my college friends Kristen and SMAC, learning about stream-channel morphology in Berlin, meeting up with my sister over weinerschnizel in Nürnberg, flying to Sydney to learn some new laboratory methods, and capping it off with a week in Singapore to see my geology friend Ruth (and maybe a few days with her in Cambodia??).

It's going to be a blast and I can't wait to get going!

1 comment:

Creative Commons License
This work by Eric W. Portenga is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.